Earn a Master's in Biomedical Regulatory Affairs part-time, in the evenings at UW. Learn more.
Earn a Master's in Pharmaceutical Bioengineering part-time, in the evenings at UW. Learn more.
New Job Postings...
Internship, R&D Support @ ALine Inc.
Senior Manager/Director, Quality Control @ Aptevo Therapeutics
Scientist, Process Engineering @ Alder Biopharmaceuticals
- Internship, R&D Support ALine Inc. (CA)
- Summer Internship – IT Software Packaging Seattle Genetics, Inc. (WA)
- Senior Regulatory Compliance Manager Verathon Medical (WA)
- Manager, Material Management Alder Biopharmaceuticals, Inc. (WA)
- Grants & Contract Coordinator / Administrator Seattle Children’s Research Institute (WA)
- Scientist, Process Chemistry Seattle Genetics, Inc. (WA)
- Project Manager, Facilities Seattle Genetics, Inc. (WA)
- Systems and Network Administrator I Alder Biopharmaceuticals, Inc. (WA)
- Summer Internship - Biostatistics Seattle Genetics, Inc. (WA)
- Summer Internship - Process Chemistry Seattle Genetics, Inc. (WA)
| About Job Postings...
Learn about Icogenex Biotech Incubator Space Available for Lease
Full service laboratory and office incubator space is available for sublease in the Seattle
Fremont neighborhood. Ideal for small biotech companies or startups, individual lab benches and
secure office space may be rented with short- or long-term lease options.
Laboratory lease terms include the use of basic molecular and cell biology laboratory equipment,
as well as glass wash and janitorial services.
Located within a ten minute drive of the University of Washington, Institute for Systems Biology,
Seattle Biomedical Research Institute, PATH, the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, and others.
February is American Heart Month.
Cardiovascular disease is the leading cause of death in the U.S.; one in every three deaths is from heart disease and stroke, equal to 2,200 deaths per day.
However, we can fight back against heart disease and stroke. Million Hearts™ is a national initiative to prevent 1 million heart attacks and
strokes over five years. Million Hearts™ brings together communities, health systems, nonprofit organizations, federal agencies, and private-sector
partners from across the country to fight heart disease and stroke.
LifeScience Moment: The Supreme Court issued its first ruling on food additives.
On Feb. 24, 1914, the Supreme Court issued its first ruling on food additives. In U.S. v. Lexington Mill and Elevator Company, the court ruled that
in order for bleached flour with nitrite residues to be banned from foods, the government must show a relationship between the chemical additive and
the harm it allegedly caused in humans. The court also noted that the mere presence of such an ingredient was not sufficient to render the food illegal.
Today, the FDA maintains a list of over 3000 ingredients in its database "Everything Added to Food in the United States."
Life Science Evolution...
It's a Small World
"The hypotheses we accept ought to explain phenomena which we have observed. But they ought to do more than this: our hypotheses ought to foretell phenomena which have not yet been observed."
William Whewell, English mathematician, philosopher